Propellerhead Software today released Reason 10.1, the latest update to its Reason music production software.
Reason 10.1 is a free update for Reason 10 owners that features:
- Sample loading in Reason’s flagship Europa synth, which provides a powerful new way for creating sounds.
- Rack Extension SDK 3, allowing developers to create new and better Rack Extensions, including Player devices.
- For a limited-time, Reason 10 owners can also get the new Drum Sequencer for free.
Reason 10.1 brings powerful new functionality to Europa, Reason’s flagship synthesizer.
Now you can load any sample and use as your waveform in Europa’s engines. Or load a sample in the Spectral Filter section and use the sample as the filter’s spectral multiplier.
Released in October 2017 with Reason 10, Europa is a spectral wavetable synthesizer plugin with an intuitive, easy-to-use interface.
Reason 10.1 also supports further development for the Rack Extension plug-in platform.
Rack Extension developers can now create new Player devices to join the popular Scales & Chords, Note Echo and Dual Arpeggio Players. The Propellerhead Shop features several brand new Players from third-party developers and Propellerhead, including the new Drum Sequencer. Add this Player to any instrument in the Reason rack and you’ll have quick and easy pattern-style drum programming for your favorite devices.
Drum Sequencer is free for Reason 10 owners until May 31, 2018.
Pricing and Availability
Reason 10 is a free update for all Reason 10 owners and is currently available for free through Reason’s auto update.
Drum Sequencer Player is available for free for Reason 10 owners for a limited-time and can be downloaded from Propellerhead’s shop. Offer ends May 31, 2018.
Reason 10 is available with the following pricing:
- Reason Intro EUR €79 MSRP / USD $99 MSRP
- Reason10 EUR €349 / USD $399
- Reason 10 Upgrade (from any previous Reason version) EUR €129 / USD $129