Joranalogue has announced that the Filter 8, a new multimode filter/8-phase oscillator introduced at Superbooth 2018, is now available for pre-order.
Filter 8 offers 8 different simultaneous filter responses, temperature-stable V/octave 8-phase sine wave self-oscillation, voltage controlled resonance, exponential and linear FM, low frequency operation, gated/manual hold, a dedicated ping input and more.
- Analog ‘OTA style’ cascaded 4-pole lowpass VCF with self-oscillation capability.
- Filter outputs: 1-through-4 pole lowpass, 1-pole highpass, band boost+notch, phase shifter, 4-pole bandpass.
- Self oscillation: 8-phase sine waves, separated by 45°.
- Accurate temperature-stable sine wave VC(LF)O with fine and coarse tuning.
- Simultaneous exponential and linear FM, including depth polarisers, dedicated 1 volt/octave input and LFM AC-coupling switch.
- Unique voltage controlled resonance topology: all outputs resonate with absolutely no loss of low frequency response, unlike common ‘bass compensation’ methods.
- Resonance compensation gain switch: adjusts output gains for equal amplitude self-oscillation (10 Vpp).
- LF mode for slew modifier or LFO use. Ultra-wide total frequency range: 2.8 mHz (6 minutes) to 27 kHz, a range of nearly 10,000,000:1!
- Dual signal inputs increase patching flexibility.
- Impedance-compensated outputs with dual-colour LEDs.
- Voltage hold feature ‘freezes’ the filter core. Pause LFO modulations, or create pulse-width-sensitive sync sounds at audio rates. Also useful as clickless output mute. Manual or gate control.
- Dedicated ping trigger input: ‘strike’ the filter core using any trigger or gate signal and easily create percussive sounds with 8 different timbres.
- Trim potentiometers accessible from the front panel.
- Precision-milled 2 mm anodized aluminum front panel with high-resolution, non-erasable graphics.
- Bullet-proof design: polarized power header and MOSFET protection circuit.
- Includes 16-to-10-pin Eurorack power ribbon cable.
- Premium mounting hardware: black screws, black nylon washers and matching hex key.
Price and Availability
The Joranalogue Filter 8 is available to pre-order for €295.