System80 has opened up pre-orders for its 880 Eurorack Roland TR-808 drum machine clone.
The company says that “The System80 880 is a recreation of the classic analog drum machine of the 1980s, reformatted into a 60 HP Eurorack module. It couples the 16 analog drum voices of the original to an enhanced TR-style step sequencer.”
Here’s an example of the 880 in action, via biologik:
- 16 analog drum voices (6 single voices, 5 switchable dual voices) with global accent
- Pattern sequencer with 1-32 steps
- 12 banks of 16 patterns
- 16 rhythm tracks
- Shuffle and roll modes
- External MIDI triggering of drum voices
- 11 individual drum voice outputs + master output with volume control
- 2 assignable trigger outputs
- External sync via MIDI clock, DIN Sync or clock pulse.
In addition the 880, a trigger expander is currently in development.
The 880 is available with a non-commercial open source license. The design files and firmware are available on Github.
Pricing and Availability
The 880 is available to pre-order for $975 USD + shipping. The first units are expected to be ready to ship in late 2018 or early 2019.
Note: The 880 is a Eurorack format module and a Eurorack compatible case and power supply are required.