Developers Gábor Gyutai and Balázs Gyutai let us know about their new polyphonic modular sound design tool for Windows, Alpha Forever.
Alpha Forever is a node-based modular sound design tool that allows you to graphically create custom instruments and effects.
The teaser video, embedded above, gives a preview of what it can do. All sounds were created in the new app. The sound design breakdown video, embedded below, shows how the sound design and effects were all done in Alpha Forever, running in Ableton Live:
A total of 42 instances were used in the teaser soundtrack arrangement.
- Up to 32 voices of polyphony
- Over 80 presets (synths, sound FX, delay effects, modulations, dynamics, tools)
- Every signal is calculated at audio rate, so you can connect anything with anything
- No limitation on the amount of nodes used in a patch
- More than 80 nodes available already (math tools, MIDI inputs, LFOs, band-limited oscillators, envelopes, delays etc.)
- Designed for fast node editing, several nodes have their own interfaces
- MIDI and parameter automation
- Scalable plug-in window
- Intuitive, zoomable, fast, vector graphics interface
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Copy / Paste patches into text editors / online text fields
- Constantly developed
- No in app purchases, no subscription plans
Pricing and Availability
The developers plan on releasing Alpha Forever in October 2018. Details on pricing are still to be announced. See the AF Modular site for details.