Roland today introduced the AX-Edge Keytar, a performance synthesizer designed to be played in a standing position with a shoulder strap.
The AX-Edge features 49 full-sized keys and a ‘professional sound set crafted specifically for keytarists’. The Keytar’s look can be customized with interchangeable Edge Blades.
- 49 full-sized keys with velocity and channel aftertouch
- 4 parts + vocoder with mic Input
- 320 programs and over 500 preset tones for keytarist
- 79 types of part multi-effects and part EQ, 79 types of program multi-effects, chorus, reverb, master compressor, and master EQ
- Tone Remain function switches sounds seamlessly without unnatural sound cutoff
- Ribbon controller, modulation bar, and assignable controls for expressive performance
- Up to 4 hours of battery-powered* operation; can also be powered via AC adaptor
*Rechargeable Ni-MH batteries only.
- Bluetooth MIDI and editor app for wireless sound customization
- Weighs 9 lb. 5 oz./4.2 kg (without batteries)
- Available in black and white models with removable Edge Blade for custom look
- One extra Edge Blade included to complement your AX-Edge model
- Audio file playback via external USB memory
- Master MIDI controller functionality for remote operation of sound modules, plug-ins, and more
- Dual display system optimized for live performance
- Optional ST-AX2 stand provides stable support when the instrument is not in use
Pricing and availability are TBA. See the Roland site for details.