Klevgränd has introduced Degrader, a combined resampler and bit-crusher effect plugin for iOS, Mac & Windows.
Here’s what they have to say about it:
It can be used to simulate the sound of vintage digital gear, as a lofi-effect or distortion unit. Since all parameters are fully automatable it’s a handy plugin for creating unique and interesting drops, sweeps and other transitions.
- Resamples between 250 Hz and 96 kHz.
- Low pass filter with different characteristics both pre and post resampling.
- Bit depth can continuously be altered between 3 and 24 bits.
- Additional distortion algorithm.
- Parameter linking (control several parameters with one knob)
- Input and output gain control.
- Dry / Wet mix.
- Several factory presets simulating different vintage gear.
Pricing and Availability
Degrader is available now with introductory pricing of US $19.99 (AU/VST/AAX) or $7.99 for iOS (AUv3 only) through Oct 1, 2018. After that, pricing is $39.99 for desktop and $12.99 for iOS.