Audiomodern has introduced Riffer, a ‘creative MIDI seqencer’ for iOS, Mac & Windows that’s designed to create riffs and patterns that can be used to sequence any MIDI software or hardware.
For generating ideas, you can choose from 50+ scales, choose pattern complexity, steps, start and end points, set pitch, transpose, motion, measures , and more. You can Export the MIDI Using Drag and Drop, Or when using the app version, you can send MIDI over Wi-Fi, or select CoreMIDI for inter-app communication and to feed any compatible hardware.
Here’s an in-depth look at how Riffer works:
- Generate Random Riffs
- Everything is Synced to your Host tempo
- 53 Scales included from Western to Eastern
- Choose the number of notes generated in the Sequence
- Generate pattern Pitch, Duration & Volume per note
- Tile or Sustain Paused Notes
- Quick-Export MIDI pattern
- Quick Transpose whole pattern
- Choose Quantization settings
- Suffle & Shift Mode
- Infinity Mode
- Sequence Motion Settings
- Choose Number of Steps
- Customizable Sequence Range
- Save & Load your own patterns
- Send MIDI to any Device, Software & Hardware
- No Two Patterns will Ever be the Same
Pricing and Availability
Riffer is available now for iPad for US $6.99 and for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) for 39 EUR (regular 49 EUR). See the Audiomodern site for details.