Synthesist Marc Doty has shared an extensive series of videos that digs into the sound and features of the Polyend + Dreadbox Medusa synthesizer.
The Medusa is a hybrid synth that combines Dreadbox’s analog synth design with Polyend’s digital sequencing and synthesis capabilities.
- 64 fully responsive and customizable, three-dimension expressive pads.
- The Grid is storing 256 independent sequences and voice presets.
- Choose any modulation parameter per pad for X and Y pressure axis.
- Three sequencing modes: step, live and incremental.
- Both a musical controller and sequencer fixed in one powerful Grid.
- Sequence notes, parameter locks or even entire synth voice presets per step.
- Advanced voice and sequence randomizer onboard.
- All necessary Grid information is given on a crispy OLED display.
- Customizable user menus.
Details are available at the Dreadbox site.
2 thoughts on “Polyend + Dreadbox Medusa Synthesizer In-Depth Video Demos”
Marc’s videos are always cool, functional and fun to watch. I think the Medusa might pair nicely with the Arturia Matrixbrute – especially with it’s 3 voice paraphonic operation. I’m eager to see one in person. Until then, we have Marc to thank for being so informative and detail oriented.
Good, clear intro. Such a desirable machine!