AtomoSynth has introduced the Asterion Modular synthesizer, an ‘old school’ all-analog design.
- All modules are independent, with no internal connection – it needs to be patched to produce any sound.
- All sound generation and control signals are 100% analog.
- Rugged – all metal construction & all potentiometers and jacks fixed to the metal panel.
- High quality full-sized bakelite knobs.
- High quality double sided PCB board.
- Components set and soldered by hand.
- High quality components, all potentiometers with dust seal.
- Patchbay separated from the knobs for ease of use
- 104 patch points with 1/4″ jacks.
- “Old school style instrument” – control with cv/gate keyboard or cv/gate sequencer.
Here’s a sneak preview of the Asterion in action:
- 3 VCOs, each with Tune (10 turn precision potentiometer) and pulse width controls. Pulse and saw waveform. 2 CV inputs and PWM cv input.
- 2 LFO with square, triangle and saw waveforms.
- 1 White noise generator.
- 1 Glide module.
- 2 audio mixers with 4 inputs and 2 outputs each.
- 2 VCF each one with Low pass input and High pass input, peak/resonance control, 2 cv inputs, 2 audio outputs.
- 3 Envelope generators ADSR type.
- 2 Audio VCA with output level (volume) control and cv control input.
- 3 Voltage mixers each one with 2X gain and 2 inputs (input 2 with offset function), mix output and inverted mix output.
- 2 Voltage/audio attenuators.
- 6 signal splitters.
- Internal power supply (110V -240V AC)
- Dimensions: 635mm (W), 335mm (H), 150mm (D)
Pricing and Availability
Pricing and availability for the Asterion are still TBA at the AtomoSynth site.