Akai Professional has announced that iMPC Pro 2 for iPhone is now available for pre-order.
iMPC Pro 2, previously introduced for iPad, adds new track types and workflow enhancements, with the addition of vocal tracks, support for Audio Units and a new design.
AKAI says that iMPC Pro 2 has been designed to take full advantage of the power of the new iPhone XS and XR, while also being responsive on iPhone 7, 8 and X.
- Audio track recording (record from builtiin mic, external mics, audio interfaces, etc.)
- Support for recording from 4+ channel audio devices
- Real-time (stretching and pitch) shifting (warp tracks and clips to match tempo)
- Ableton Link and Inter-App Audio (IAA) support
- 64-track mixer with EQ and 4 FX (Reverb, Delay, Chorus/Flange and one IAA effect)
- Redesigned user interface
- Audio Unit plug-in support
- Directly upload tracks to YouTube
- Sample audio directly from music player apps such as Spotify
- New Song Mode makes full song production more intuitive than ever
- 100% new sound set, with five additional free Sound Packs
- Advanced waveform editing
- Enhanced MIDI support and many more workflow enhancements
Pricing and Availability
iMPC Pro 2 is available to pre-order for iPhone, on The App Store for $4.99. After launch, the retail price will be $8.99.