Startup Pagefall has introduced Autony, described as an ‘Unreliable Sequence Generator’ for iOS.
Autony is a musical sequence generator with a controllable level of unreliability. The app is inspired by the work of Brian Eno and devices like the Music Thing Turing Machine and Mutable Instruments Marbles. It creates sequences that you can allow to mutate and change as they play, to create ever changing, ‘musically interesting’ parts in your music.
- musical sequence generation
- “reliability” control allows the sequence to mutate and change
- clock division from 1/32 to 4 bars to allow for generative ambient
- built-in note quantizer with full MIDI control
- quantize to simple chords under MIDI control
Note: Autony generates a MIDI output suitable controlling hardware or software synths, so it requires an AU host like AUM or Cubasis.
Pricing and Availability
Autony is available now for US $3.99.
If you’ve used Autony, leave a comment and share your thoughts on it!