pandaMidi Solutions has released midiBeam v2, an updated version of their wireless MIDI system.
The system can transmit MIDI 250+ meters in open air, with .38 millisecond latency.
midiBeam v2 consists of a two parts, a transmitter and a receiver unit, sold together.
- The TX02 transmitter unit connects to your gear using a standard 5-pin DIN MIDI connection.
- The RX02 receiver unit receives incoming MIDI messages sent by the transmitter and outputs them via standard 5-pin MIDI DIN out or USB MIDI. It can also merge incoming wireless MIDI signals with a wired input or acts as a regular USB-MIDI interface.
Here’s what’s new in midiBeam v2:
- Strong, metal-housed MIDI connector on the transmitter
- Merging the wirelessly transmitted signal with a wired MIDI input stream
- Running Status on/off switch to maintain compatibility with older gear
- Browser-based utility for configuring device parameters and features, plus for firmware upgrade
Pricing and Availability
MidiBeam v2 is available now for 179 EUR incl. VAT. Users of previous versions of the midiBeam can also upgrade their system’s firmware for free.