Blip Interactive has released NanoStudio 2 for iPad.
NanoStudio 2 a major update to the original NanoStudio mobile DAW. According to the developer, it ‘takes a quantum leap with a massive range of extra features and a new audio engine delivering truly professional sound quality’.
The app is designed to be a complete in-the-box solution for production, enabling you to develop your initial musical ideas right through to a final master. It’s also a full-featured host for external Audio Unit (AUv3) instruments and audio/MIDI effects. A library of all your AU instruments and presets is maintained so they’re in one place – tagged, searchable and just as accessible as NanoStudio’s own internal instruments.
- Fully fledged song editor with tempo and time signature tracks, arbitrary track grouping/nesting, track lanes and no limit on the number of tracks in the song
- MIDI and automation editors
- A sample editor capable of efficiently handling audio files up to 2 hours long
- A mixer which also supports track grouping and nesting, unlimited insert effects, configurable audio and MIDI sends and pro-style latency compensation
- 11 built-in quality effects including reverb, sidechain compressor/expander, EQ with spectrum analysis, look-ahead limiter, delay, exciter, chorus, flanger and phaser.
- AUv3 audio or MIDI effects can be used in effect chains, just like internal effects
- Mixdowns up to 32 bit/96kHz and export file formats including wav, aiff, ogg and M4A
- Support for mixing down track stems in a single operation and/or just a region of the song
- Ableton Link support
- Sharing with the iOS Files app, Dropbox, AudioShare, iTunes File Sharing, AirDrop, email, and song import from your iTunes music library
- Built-in WebDAV server for full control and backup of your files
- 8 In-app purchase sound packs including multisampled acoustic instruments
Pricing and Availability
NanoStudio 2 is available now for US $29.99.