Nektar has introduced Bolt – described as ‘the first Harmonics Synthesizer’ for VST/AU compatible DAW platforms.
Its unique Harmonics oscillators change from subtle sine waves to overtone-rich pulse chains at the turn of a knob.
Bolt is up to 16-voice polyphonic and offers 2 oscillators per voice, each equipped with suboscillator, noise generator, distortion and a dedicated ADSR envelope. A Voice Double mode provides unison features and 4 integrated effects processors simplify the creation of production-ready patches.
Apart from standard waveforms such as sine, saw or square, BOLT’s Harmonics Synthesis is also capable of generating pulse chains and alternating shapes. Cross modulation between the two oscillators opens the door to FM-like sounds and ‘all sorts of fun mayhem’. The three independent LFOs offer 13 different waveforms and an extended range up to 10 kHz. They can be synced to create polyrhythmical soundscapes or drones.
- Unique new Harmonics Synthesis
- 4 oscillators (2 main, 2 sub)
- White noise generator per oscillator
- Unison Voice Double: Stack up to 4 instances
- Frequency modulation (FM)
- X-Mod: cross-modulation
- Overdrive stage for each oscillator
- ADSR envelope per oscillator
- 1 Modulation envelope generator
- 3 LFOs (13 waveforms & MIDI sync)
- 4 modulation targets per source (LFO 1-3, Mod EG)
- 4 FX processors: EQ, Chorus, Delay & Reverb
- Support for multiple sample rates
- Automatic 2-stage protection limiter
- Up to 16 voice polyphony
- Poly and mono modes
- 500+ Factory and Artist patches included
Pricing and Availability
Bolt is available now, for Mac & Windows, for US $99.