This video, by John Park, takes a quick look at recording sequences with the new 1010music Blackbox.
The Blackbox is a standalone sampler and groovebox that lets you record, save/load, apply effects and edit one-shot samples and beat-sliced loops.
- Record/edit samples and sequences to create songs via a fast, intuitive touchscreen interface.
- Expandable microSD memory slot for importing WAVs, hours of audio recording/playback time and saving samples and Presets.
- Combine loops with different tempos using built-in BPM synchronization and beat-slicing.
- Play one-shot samples and loops from pads and/or a virtual keyboard.
- Create and edit sequences using a standard Piano Roll interface.
- Connect external hardware via USB to expand performance and control capabilities.
- Compact and “nearly indestructible” design.
- Sound library of beat packs with loops and one-shots by SoundTrack Loops and Loopmasters.
- Input/output connectors to easily integrate with other studio and live sound tools: MIDI IO and Clock via USB and TRS, one 1/8” Audio In, three 1/8” Audio Outs plus a 1/8” Headphone/Stereo Output and USB power.
Pricing and Availability
Blackbox is available now in the U.S. from 1010music and resellers, for $599 USD, and is expected to be available world-wide by 6/15/2019.