At the 2019 Summer NAMM Show, Gamechanger Audio announced a special limited edition Plasma Coil pedal, a collaboration with Jack White and his Nashville-based Third Man Records label.
Plasma Coil is a collaboration between Jack White’s Third Man Records and Gamechanger Audio.
At its heart is Gamechanger’s High Voltage Distortion technology that expresses audio signal as a series of electrical discharges. Gamechanger says that their PLASMA Distortion is the first commercial musical device that literally amplifies audio signal to 3500 Volts.
Plasma Coil adds multiple Octave-style circuits, and an additional Effects foot switch that can be toggled as latching or momentary.
- High Voltage PLASMA Distortion circuit converts audio signal into a series of Electrical discharges at 3.5 kV.
- 2 EQ Controls to boost or cut LOW and HIGH frequencies;
- VOLTAGE Knob – adjusts the amount of electrical current sent to the PLASMA Tube
- EFFECT Knob allows you to select 1 of 6 different Special EFFECT types:
- Volume Boost
- 2 Subharmonic modes (Bitcrush-style Octave Down)
- 1 Upper Harmonic mode (Octafuzz-style Octave Up)
- 2 Mixed modes (Upper and Lower harmonics combined)
- EFFECT Foot switch – engages the PLASMa COIL’s special effect circuit.
- Master VOLUME Knob – cuts or boosts the Output Signal level.
- ON/OFF silent foot switch.
- Effect Foot switch TOGGLE – configure EFFECTS Foot switch as a latching ON/OFF switch or as a Momentary switch.
- The Plasma Coil in stock and available for purchase at Third Man Records online store and showrooms at a price of $350 USD.
- The PLASMA Coil features 6 special effects modes (Voltage Boost, + 5 Analog octaver modes).
The PLASMA Coil is already being used heavily by White (since first prototypes in March) and can be heard in his live shows and on the latest Raconteurs Album.
The PLASMA Coil is for now available in limited quantities in the Third Man Records online store.