RØDE Microphones has released RØDECaster Pro firmware version 2.0, an update that introduces over 25 new features.
They say that the new firmware makes it easier for users to create ‘incredible sounding podcasts’.
Here’s what’s new in RØDECaster Pro firmware version 2.0:
- Saving Shows and Settings: Users can now save and load Shows via the RØDECaster companion app, which is essentially a snapshot of all sounds and settings. Settings can also be saved on their own.
- Podcast Transfer Mode: Allows users to transfer podcasts from their on-board microSD card to a computer directly from the RØDECaster Pro.
- New Sound Pad Functionality: New features include a sound pad indicator on the home screen that tells users which pad is playing and how long until it finishes, easier access to the sound pad configuration screen, more on-board control, and a new Pause playback mode. Users can also save eight banks of sounds to their RØDECaster Pro (64 in total).
- New-Broadcast Ready Features: Pre-fade listen mode to preview a channel before it is faded in, the ability for the host to chat with callers on the Bluetooth, Smartphone and USB channels off-air, and the option to automatically mute the monitor outputs when faders are open to prevent feedback.
- Real-Time Connectivity: The RØDECaster Pro and companion app now communicate in real-time, meaning any changes made in the app will be reflected on the RØDECaster Pro immediately and vice versa.
- New Sound Engine: The RØDECaster Pro’s audio processing engine has been tweaked to make recordings sound cleaner.
The update is available as a free download from the RØDE site.