MakeProAudio has announced that its new DIY MakeKit synthesizer DinoPark is now available.
The platform lets you run classic CreamWare virtual analog synths – with additional polyphony and features – and other virtual instruments.
Here’s what they have to say about it:
The first multi-model DIY synth MakeKit and best sounding maker project board ever produced, offers the finest quality and most affordable Classic Synth emulation available anywhere – the only classic synth emulation offering as latency-free hardware.
Dino Park is a multi-specialist that performs as responsive zero-latency hardware, that can emulate a very large sonic spectrum of synthesis and delivers superior sound quality.
Every Dino Park ships with the Creamware Minimax, Pro12 and Prodyssey pre-installed. The platform can hold up to 32 plugins in on-board memory, though, and MakeProAudio plans to offer additive, wavetable, FM and drum/percussion model synths via its online store.
Dino Park can be operated and played directly as a MIDI device – without a computer. For even more control and settings options, MakeProAudio offers a free VSTi Editor plug-in (PC/Mac), which allows for convenient editing of every Dino Park parameter. The Editor makes it possible to program and tweak your own custom sound presets and save them directly in Dino Park.
Dino Park has a wide range of connection options. A USB MIDI Device Port (MicroUSB) is used to connect the Dino Park to a computer. There is an integrated USB host port for connecting USB MIDI devices such as keyboard controllers. Output analog audio signals via 6.3 mm jacks, the EX version also includes digital SPDIF inputs/outputs and MIDI sockets (In, Thru, Out) as 3.5 mm mini jack (MMA specification).
- DIY Multi Modeling Synthesizer in different versions
- Easy to assemble using a screwdriver
- Three Classic Synth models pre-installed and ready to play
- Up to 32 Synth models can be stored in on-board memory
- 50 factory presets and 50 user memories per model
- Simple user interface
- VSTi Editor Software (free download)
- Compact, robust housing
- Available in different versions
- Can be integrated into Arduino or Raspberry Pi projects
- Extended hardware control with “Dino Dials” (available soon)
- Expandable without limits
- Can be integrated via glue into networks in which the network itself becomes an instrument
- More synth models planned
Pricing and availability
- Dino Park Board (DSP Board with many connection possibilities) 279 EUR
- Dino Park Maker board bundle (DSP board with many connection options, connectors, Dino display) 299 EUR
- Dino Park MakeKit (DSP board with many connection possibilities, connections, housing, power supply) 399 EUR
- Dino Park MakeKit EX (DSP board with many connection possibilities, connectors, housing; expansion board with MIDI, SPDIF, analog inputs), power supply 469 EUR
- Dino Park MakeKit EXL (DSP-Board with many connection possibilities, connections, larger housing (space for two DSP boards with many connection possibilities), expansion board with MIDI, SPDIF, analog inputs), power supply 519 EUR
See the MakeProAudio site for more information.