Denver-based synth-maker WMD has announced that Voltera, the voltage expander module for their Metron trigger and gate sequencer, has begun shipping. Each Voltera adds 4 bipolar voltage tracks in 4 hp.
WMD have also released a series of 5 new tutorial videos that showcase the features, functions, and workflow of the Metron and Voltera sequencing ecosystem:
Sequence melodies, modulate parameters, and more with ease by adding Voltera to your Metron sequencer set up. With independent voltage ranges and quantize settings per track, Voltera allows for real time control over 4 different parameters at once, allowing the user to cater that track to the parameter you are sequencing.
WMD’s unique “look-ahead sequencing” paradigm lets users create new sequences on-the-fly before they happen. Create “B sections” or breakdowns in an improvised manner easily with Metron, and open up the Metron trigger and gate sequencer with Voltera’s added control voltage outputs.
Up to 16 Voltera modules can be added to a single Metron, giving the user up to 64 CV sequencing tracks for their Eurorack modular system.
- 4 independent voltage tracks per Voltera.
- Add up to 16 Volteras to one Metron for up to 64 CV tracks.
- Look-ahead sequencing of CV and Pitches – program new sections on the fly
- Independent Voltage Ranges per track.
- 12 tone quantization and User Scale quantization settings per track.
- Max Pattern Length of 256 steps.
- Different Pattern Lengths per Voltera Track.
- New “Compose Scene” feature for easy recall of common voltages across all Volteras
- Saves with Metron sessions – Save and Load 8 banks of 64 sessions
- Intuitive sequencing workflow via Metron’s UI.
Go to the WMD website for additional information.
Metron firmware update: A new firmware update for Metron, V1.3, is also available now. (Note: current Metron users need to update the firmware before connecting Volteras to their modular systems.) All Metron users are encouraged to download the firmware update as well, as it will fix a couple of minor bugs and add some features, in addition to making your Metron “Voltera-Ready”.