BOSS has introduced the SY-1000 Guitar Synthesizer, an advanced synthesizer and modeling processor for guitar and bass.
Here’s what they have to say about it:
“The SY-1000 is the most powerful guitar/bass synth processor to date, fusing decades of R&D with the latest software and hardware advancements. Leveraging custom DSP and GK independent string processing, the SY-1000 brings numerous musical advantages to players, including ultra-articulate tracking, lightning-fast response, instantly variable tuning, sound panning/layering, and more.
SY-1000 users can build patches with three simultaneous instruments—each with a number of distinctive types to choose from—and combine them for an endless range of sounds. Fed by the processor’s 13-pin GK input, every instrument offers an extensive set of parameters for tone shaping, mixing, and tuning. A normal 1/4-inch input is also available to blend in regular guitar/bass pickup sounds.
Deep and expressive, the SY-1000’s Dynamic Synth takes guitar synthesis to a new level, allowing players to craft sounds never before possible. Ten oscillator waveforms are available, plus six filter types, amplifier control, two LFOs, and two 16-part step sequencers for automating pitch, filter, and amplitude parameters. Optimum performance is realized with the GK input, but it’s also possible to play the Dynamic Synth via the normal guitar/bass input.
Complementing the Dynamic Synth are two additional synth instruments. OSC Synth is an analog-style engine with numerous filter options and full ADSR control. Also included is a faithful sonic recreation of the GR-300, Roland’s legendary analog guitar synth from the early 1980s.”
- BOSS’s most powerful guitar/bass synth and modeling processor ever
- Synth engine with custom DSP and 48 kHz/32-bit processing throughout
- Three simultaneous instrument types and advanced real-time signal processing
- Each instrument provides pitch, level, and panning of each string for instant alternate tunings and wide, layered voicings
- New Dynamic Synth follows the guitar’s natural envelope for uncompromised tone shaping
- New sound engine and GK 13-pin interface deliver clear, dynamic sound and precision tracking with zero latency
- Dynamic Synth includes two 16-part step sequencers for evolving control of pitch, filter, and amplitude
- Newly refreshed versions of historic BOSS/Roland guitar synth and modeling technologies: OSC Synth, GR-300, E.Guitar, E.Bass, Acoustic, VIO Guitar, and Poly FX
- Normal ¼-inch guitar/bass input for blending and Dynamic Synth processing
- Premium effects and amps derived from the flagship GT-1000
- Large LCD and intuitive editing interface for free-flowing sound creation
- Eight freely assignable footswitches, external control support, effects loop, and configurable Main/Sub outputs
- USB Audio/MIDI and MIDI I/O, plus Guitar-to-MIDI/Bass-to-MIDI function
- Dedicated Guitar and Bass modes
- Customize sounds with the BOSS Tone Studio editor and download pro patches at BOSS Tone Central
- Roland GK-compatible pickup and 13-pin cable required for full access to all synth and modeling features
Pricing and Availability
The Boss SY-1000 will be available in January 2020 for $999.99.