Synthesist John L Rice shared this hands-on demo of the new Synthetic Sound Labs 1650 Mini Sequencer, a 16-step sequencer in Dotcom-compatible MU format.
The 1650 Mini Sequencer is a one-channel step sequencer that features CV, Gate & ACC outputs. It can run using an internal clock or external clock input to sync with other modules.
- CV OUT covers 5 octaves, and can be tuned using rear-accessible trim pot
- Sequences can be set to any length up to 16 steps by using LOOP feature
- Setting a step to REST holds previous pitch and doesn’t fire GATE
- In Standby mode, sequencer can be used as a tiny keyboard without altering programmed sequences
- The module will store your latest sequence even when the power has been removed.
- You can also cascade multiple 1650’s to create longer, more complex and syncopated patterns.
Pricing and Availability
The Synthetic Sound Labs 1650 Mini Sequencer is available now for $295 USD.