2020 NAMM Show: Moog has officially introduced the Subsequent 25, a portable paraphonic analog synthesizer based on their Sub Phatty sound engine.
The new synth builds on the Sub Phatty analog synth, but implements upgraded sonic modifications and functional improvements.
The Subsequent 25 also builds on the Sub Phatty by upgrading to wood side pieces, implementing the paraphonic functionality of Duo Mode and featuring the Subsequent series of user-requested performance adjustments:
- Twice the headroom for access to a new range of classic clean tones in mono and duo modes.
- Reshaped gain staging in the Ladder Filter to boost harmonic saturation and analog compression, resulting in an overall richer low end.
- Re-tuned Multidrive circuit that extends well beyond the original grit and growl of the Sub Phatty.
- Upgraded keybed for improved playability.
- High-powered headphone amplifier strong enough to drive the most demanding headphones.
Pricing and Availability
The Moog Sub 25 has a street price of $849 and is available to pre-order now.