2020 NAMM Show: Arturia has released a free update for the MicroFreak synthesizer.
Arturia MicroFreak 2.0 adds new synthesis options, updated performance features and 64 new presets.
Here’s what’s new in MicroFreak 2.0:
- Noise Oscillator – Morph between particle noise, white noise, and a metallic noise.
- Chord Mode – Hold Paraphony and press keys to record Chord.
- Scale quantization – The “white notes” on the keyboard can play whichever scale you have selected.
- Matrix Initialize – Hold the Shift and perform a long press on the encoder, and it will clear.
- 64 New Presets – Loads of exciting sounds to explore using the new oscillator and features.
- Sequencer – Copy Pattern A to Pattern B
- Added visual feedback when Local Control is OFF
- Local Control now handles USB to MIDI Out
- Release of previously playing preset is cleared when switching presets
- Sequencer – Record LED now blinks on each beat instead of 16ths
The update is available now as a free download.