sonicLAB has introduced PaSSBot, a ‘stochastic filter bank’ plugin, designed to create a cloud of filters with complex modulation capabilities driving up to 64 unique parallel instances.
PaSSBot has a rich time domain modulation scheme at your finger which operates on various parameters of each filter parameter, with various modulation sources, such as many continuous and discrete types of probability distributions, standard waveforms, stochastic offset leveling and high & low limiters with dynamic transparency.
You can set the filter parameters individually, but also distribute them in harmonic order – the harmonic spread ratio is can be set by the user and even can be modulated.
- Filters type of IIR Biquad, StateVariableFilter, Ladder and Resonator are available. With behaviors of bandpass, Lo + Hipass. And upto 64 of them in true stereo.
- User set values of center frequency, gain and resonance of each filter will be elaborated with complex stochastic generators ( 4 independent GENs ) with continuous, discrete probabilistic distributions but also with standard waveforms.
- Four independent GENs for each filter (modulation generators) with loads of stochastic distribution sources. This makes upto 64 x 4 GENs running in parallel.
- Each GEN can modulate a different parameter: Center freq, filter gain, filter bandwidth, harmonic spread ratio and stereo spatialization.
- You can tune the filter frequencies to musical scales. PaSSBot can read .scala format scale files !
- True two channel behavior for stereo imaging, and each filter position can be modulated on the stereo field.
- The filter can run continuously or be triggered manually. In that case, each filter will be applied an independent AR envelope with configurable random duration.
Pricing and Availability:
PaSSBot is available now for MacOS & Windows, with an intro price of 49 EUR through March 7th, 2020 (normally 69 EUR).