Universal Audio (UA) has introduced the LUNA Recording System, a new music production workstation that’s available as a free download for Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo and Arrow owners.
UA says that LUNA transforms Apollo into “the most inspiring and fully integrated recording system available”.
LUNA’s Accelerated Realtime Monitoring gives users seamless hardware-software integration for capturing audio through UAD plug-ins, with no discernible latency.
LUNA also offers a full suite of built-in instruments and extensions, including Studer multitrack tape and Neve summing, and LUNA Instruments from Moog, UA, Spitfire Audio, and others.
- Free UA recording application for all macOS-based Thunderbolt Apollo and Arrow users
- Accelerated Realtime Monitoring provides analog-style tracking and overdubbing
- Deep Apollo and Arrow integration for a fast, natural workflow
- Built-in Neve Summing extension for instant classic console sound
- Integrated Oxide and Studer multitrack tape delivers warmth and punch on demand
- LUNA Instruments include Ravel grand piano, Moog Minimoog, and Shape creative toolkit
- Unlimited track count, or as many as your Thunderbolt-equipped Mac will handle
- Contextual editing and browsing — the system intelligently switches tools and viewing modes based on workflow
- Runs all UAD and Audio Units (AU) plug-ins and instruments
- Session Auto-Save — LUNA is constantly saving, so you’ll never lose your work again
- AAF imports allow you to import sessions from other major DAWs using the industry-standard Advanced Authoring Format (AAF)
Note: The LUNA Recording System includes ARP, Shape, and Oxide Tape Recorder. All other plug-ins, Extensions, and Instruments are sold separately.
Pricing and Availability
LUNA is available as a free download for all Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo and Arrow audio interface owners for macOS systems only. LUNA is not compatible with Apollo FireWire or Apollo Twin USB.