Cherry Audio has released a major update to Voltage Modular, its virtual Eurorack modular synthesizer platform.
Voltage Modular 2.0 is a free update, and the developers say that it “brings innovative new features, workflow improvements, and new sonic possibilities to the realm of software modular synthesis”.
Here are some of the highlights of Voltage Modular 2.0:
- Unlimited cables per jack allows for endless modulation possibilities.
- The new Busses feature offers a way to build complex patches and eliminate messy cables.
- Variations offers unlimited variations per patch. Play variations individually, or use triggers or CV to move through variations in endless ways.
- The IO Panel now includes an integrated Recording section, generating 32-bit floating point audio files, sourced from the IO Panel main left and right outputs.
- Custom module categories and search terms
- Optional auto-alignment of modules in cabinets.
In addition to the platform updates, there are new bundles and updates:
- The Core modules have been updated and the Core package has been expanded.
- The MS Vintage Bundle has also been expanded to include the new Poly VCO-20 Dual Oscillator and Poly VCF-20 Filter.
- Misfit Audio’s Digi Drums bundle has been expanded with the new Digi Sample module.
- Cherry Audio has introduced a new Vector Bundle, which includes the AirWave, Poly AirWave, AirVector, and AirStep modules, which combine the power of vector synthesis, sample playback, and wave sequencing with modular synthesis.
- Cherry Audio’s new Vintage Voice Bundle features a new SynthVoice, SynthVoice Filter, DCO-60, VCF-60, and Chorus-60 modules.
Voltage also eliminated the limit on free modules, so commercial developers can now publish as many free modules they’d like.
See the Cherry Audio site for details.