Synthetic Sound Labs head Doug Slocum let us know that SSL, in collaboration with Scott Rise of Division-6, has introduced the 3650 Digital Sequencer module – their first module in the Buchla 200e format.
The 3650 has 5 song memories to string up to 16 sequences together, and 7 sequence memories, with up to 16 steps per sequence.
Sequences of up to 16 steps are easily programmed using the built-in keyboard and octave switches, covering a range of 5 octaves. A separate Accent output pulse is available which can be selected for each of the steps, allowing triggering of other sequencers, envelopes, etc.
Sequences can be set to any length up to 16 steps by using LOOP feature. Setting a step using the REST button, holds previous pitch and doesn’t fire PULSE out, while setting a step to SLUR, changes to the new CV and doesn’t fire the PULSE out.
The keyboard can be used to “Live” transpose a running sequence, or as a tiny CV keyboard while in Standby mode without altering the programmed sequence.
The ACC (ACCessory / ACCent) output can be programmed into each step and has 3 operating modes. The ACC output can also be used to output the internal clock, but not at the same time.
The Pulse Output has 16 different width timing options, including 3 different ratchets.
The Start Input resets the sequencer to step #1. It also puts it in run mode if it is not already. The End Output sends a gate pulse when a running sequence drops off the end (goes past 16 or hits a LOOP step). The Start Input and End Output can work together to allow easy cascading of two or more 3650s.
- CLOCK IN (External clock input)
- START IN (Expansion input; Starts sequencer back at step 1. Use for daisy-chaining multiple units)
- END OUT (Sends pulse when sequencer goes past last step. Use for daisy-chaining multiple units)
- ACC OUT (Can be programmed on or off in each sequence step)
- PULSE OUT
- CV OUT
- CV OUT covers 5 octaves
- Sequences can be set to any length up to 16 steps by using LOOP feature
- Setting a step to REST holds previous pitch and doesn’t fire PULSE out
- Setting a step to SLUR changes to the new CV and doesn’t fire the PULSE out
- In Standby mode, sequencer can be used as a tiny keyboard without altering programmed sequences
- 7 sequence memories with up to 16 steps per sequence.
- 5 song memories string up to 16 sequences together
- Live transpose
- Much more…
SSL also makes the Mini Sequencer design in MU format.
Pricing and Availability
The 3650 Digital Sequencer module is available now for $495 USD.