Developer Elliott Garage has introduced sEGments, a new slicer/sampler app for iOS/iPadOS.
sEGments lets you import any loop/sample/audio file and slice it using the automatic transient detection or manually adding markers.
You can play the slices with any MIDI external controller or with the built-in pads and keyboard. Each slice can be played chromatically, with mono or polyphonic voices (up to 12). Each slice also has independent parameters that can be automated, including reverse, level, attack, release, start point and length and effects (reverb, delay, bitcrusher and filter).
sEGments automatically detect BPM and root key of your audio file and it can adjust its tempo and pitch according to your project settings.
- Stand-alone, AudioUnit, AudioUnit Multi-output & AudioUnit FX
- Universal app for both your iPad & iPhone
- MIDI in /MIDI out
- AU3 multi-output
- AU3 Fx to record samples from other apps
- import your sample in multiple formats (wav, aiff, mp3, mov, caf, m4a)
- Samples Drag & drop from File App or via airdrop from your Mac or other iOS devices
- Up to 16 slices each one with individual parameters, ADSR and effects (delay, reverb, bit crusher and filter)
- 6 triggering modes – one shot, gate, loop, ping pong, link, thru
- BPM & Key detection
- Record from device mic, usb audio devices or other apps
- Transient detection
- Transient beat division
- Import/export presets
- Open slices directly in EG Pulse
- Support Apple loops transients recognition
- Lazy chopping
- Realtime time stretching and pitch shifting
- Mono & polyphonic up to 12 voices
- Downloadable sample pack by Soundtrack Loops
sEGments can be used both standalone or hosted as AudioUnit AU3 inside apps like GarageBand, AUM, BeatMaker3, NanoStudio2, n-Track9 and others. It also supports AU Multi-output.
Pricing and Availability
sEGments is available in the App Store for $7.99 USD.