Akai Professional has announced a new addition to the EWI family, the EWI Solo.
The electronic wind instrument (EWI) is the first of its kind to offer a standalone user experience by including a built-in speaker, 200 sounds, and a rechargeable battery. The internal, rechargeable lithium- ion battery offers 12+ hours of play time.
The EWI Solo features 200 onboard sounds, including realistic acoustic instrument and synth sounds. The instrument’s mouthpiece features an air-pressure level sensor and bite sensor, give you precise control of volume and pitch dynamics. The EWI Solo also features FX controls to add Reverb, Delay and Chorus, plus editing facilities for Pitch, Tuning and Dual LFOs.
In addition to letting you play wirelessly, the EWI Solo offers flexible connectivity options, including USB-MIDI connectivity, 1/4-inch output, 1/8-inch headphone output and an 1/8” aux input.
For Woodwind and Brass instrumentalists, no new fingering technique is needed. EWI Solo adapts to all main fingering styles at the twist of a dial, offering flute, oboe, saxophone and EVI (Electronic Valve Instrument) fingering modes.
- Authentic wind-instrument performance and response for the digital era
- 200 onboard acoustic and synth sounds
- 12+ hours of play time using the rechargeable lithium-ion battery (charging adapter
- Built-in speaker calibrated for the most natural sound reproduction experience
- OLED display to easily view presets and parameters
- USB port for USB-MIDI connection and battery charging
- 1/4″ audio output, 1/8″ headphone output
- 1/8″ auxiliary input
Pricing and Availability
The EWI Solo is available now for $499 USD.