Reason Studios has introduced Friktion Modeled Strings, a new string synthesizer that’s based on physical modeling.
Because it’s based on physical modeling, Friktion can be used to create the sounds of real-world instruments, or be used to create sounds that go beyond what’s possible with real-world instruments.
Here’s what they have to say about it:
“Friktion is a physical modeling string instrument from Reason Studios. Instead of relying on gigabytes of samples, Friktion is a synthesizer that actually models real string instruments. With clever control keys you can easily play it in a way that simply sounds real. Whether it’s a violin or an imaginary space harp is up to you.”
- Advanced physical modeling string synthesizer
- Way beyond samples—full control over every aspect of the sound and performance
- Control keys for realistic expression using just a MIDI keyboard
- Comprehensive articulation including bowing, pluck, tremolo, legato, vibrato and much more
- Tweak your sound to perfection, or go beyond what a real instrument could
- Comes with 140+ patches, from classic instruments to brand new sounds
Pricing and Availability:
Friktion Modeled Strings is available now for $99 USD.