Eventide has released a new software synthesizer, Newfangled Audio’s Pendulate, that they describe as ‘a chaotic monosynth’.
Pendulate is based on the physics of a double pendulum. What initially looks like randomness, contains underlying patterns, interconnectedness, constant feedback loops, repetition, self-similarity, fractals, and self-organization.
When designing the Pendulate oscillator, great care was taken to bring out these underlying patterns. The result is an oscillator that can smoothly fade from a sine wave to total chaos, with an expanse of territory to explore in between.
- Novel chaotic oscillator, based on the double pendulum
- Wavefolder based on the one in the Buchla 259 Complex Waveform Generator, adding MIX and CUTOFF
- Low Pass Gate based on the Buchla 292 adds controls for POLES and RESONANCE
- Modulation UI allows modulation over every control from the main page, allowing up to 169 simultaneous modulation routings
- MPE support allows expressive control from innovative new controllers
- Envelope and LFO each have multiple outputs generated at once
- Every mod output to every control means up to 221 modulation points in an intuitive single pane
- The Double Pendulum, Wavefolder, and Low Pass Gate modules each have animations to show how each module responds to your input, and to modulation
- Three unique color schemes to customize your look
- 136 Presets including artist presets from Matt Lange and Matthew Wang
Pendulate requires no iLok. For macOS 10.9+, Pendulate is compatible with AAX 64-bit, AU 64-bit and VST3 64-bit protocols. For Windows 8+, Pendulate is AAX 64-bit and VST3 64-bit compatible.
Pricing and Availability
Pendulate is available now as a free download. A valid email address is required.