Arturia today introduced the PolyBrute, a new 6-voice polyphonic analog synthesizer that’s designed for expressive synthesis.
At its core, it offers 6 analog voices, based on Arturia’s ‘Brute’ oscillators and dual filters. The synth features two Brute oscillators per voice, feeding into dual filters, a Steiner filter and a Moog-style filter. The filters can be patched in series, in parallel, or as a mix of both.
The PolyBrute also offers extensive modulation options, including three LFOs per voice and a matrix modulation patching system.
At the end of the voice path are 3 types of effect – Modulation, Delay, Reverb – that let create effects from Chorus to BitCrusher, Karplus to BBD delay, Plate to Dreamy reverb.
The Arturia PolyBrute synth engine features an A & B ‘state’ for every patch, saving two variations on the parameter settings. When you sweep between those two states, you’re simultaneously altering all relevant parameters – like turning all the knobs at once. You can map PolyBrute’s envelopes, LFOs, aftertouch and sequencer to change the morph position between the two states in real-time.
But what makes the synth unique is the variety and expressive control options it offers.
It starts with a velocity/pressure-sensitive keybed, pitch wheel and assignable mod wheel, and foot pedal controller inputs. Performance options include an Arpeggiator, Matrix Arpeggiator and a 64-step polyphonic step sequencer.
The PolyBrute panel also offers knob-per-function control, for immediacy in performance and sound design. A Morph knob lets you dynamically move between the A & B states for each patch.
The PolyBrute also features the Morphée controller, a sensor that captures three dimensions of expression. You can map the X and Y touch axes, plus the Z pressure axis, to any destination parameters available in the Mod Matrix. You can also use the Morphée to randomize your sequences or arpeggios with spice, dice, and ratcheting effects.
The PolyBrute also includes a ribbon controller. Positioned directly above the keybed, you can assign it to your chosen modulation destination.
For computer integration, Arturia has created PolyBrute Connect, a standalone Mac/PC app and a plugin that lets you organize your patch library and enjoy bi-direction visual editing between software and hardware. This makes it possible to control every PolyBrute parameter via MIDI tracks in your DAW.
- Analog Morphing Synthesizer
- 6 voices of Polyphony
- Mono, Unison, Poly voicing
- Single, Split, Layer modes
- 61-keys with Velocity and Aftertouch
- Pitch Bend, Mod Wheel, Ribbon controllers
- Morphée touch and pressure sensitive 3D controller
- Sound Morphing capability, part A and B for each preset
- Two Analog VCO’s
- Triangle + Metalizer
- Square + Pulse Width
- Linear FM
- Hard Sync
- Noise Generator
- Continuous tone from rumble noise to white noise
- Osc and Noise Mixer with Filter routing
- 12dB/Oct Steiner Parker Filter
- Continuous LP>Notch>HP>BP morphing
- Cutoff, Resonance, Brute Factor
- 24dB/Oct Ladder Filter with Distortion
- Three Envelopes
- Two ADSR
- One DADSR
- Looping capability
- Three LFOs
- LFO1 and LFO2 with waveform selection
- LFO3 with waveform shaping using Shape and Symmetry
- Rate control & Tempo Sync
- Various retrig options
- Three stereo digital effects
- Modulation FX : Chorus, Phaser, Flanger, Ring Modulation, …
- Delay : 9 algorithms including BBD, Digital delay, …
- Reverb : 9 algorithms including Hall, Plate, Spring, Shimmer, …
- 768 preset slots
- 12×32 Modulation Matrix
- 64 step polyphonic sequencer
- Notes, Accent, Slide per step
- 3 tracks of automation
- Arpeggiator and Matrix Arpeggiator
- Stereo audio output
- MIDI and USB i/o + analog clock i/o
- 2 expression and 1 sustain pedal inputs
Pricing and Availability
The Arturia PolyBrute is available to order now, priced at $2,899 USD.