Majella Audio has launched a Kickstarter to fund production of the Implexus, a new synthesizer that they say combines so-called ‘West Coast’ and ‘East Coast’ synthesis approaches in a single device.
Here’s what they have to say about it:
“The philosophy behind the unique analog signal path of the Implexus is to create sound by adding harmonics instead of subtracting them. The unique sound comes from West-coast style synthesis techniques including:
- Waveshaping: Voltage controlled waveform shaping by adding even/odd Harmonics
- Wavefolding: Voltage controlled folding of the tops of a waveform
- Bias: Voltage controlled asymmetrical analog clipping
- Audiorate (cross) modulations: VCO FM, VCA AM, VCF FM, BIAS, FOLD and SHAPE
With the Implexus there comes a point that after hours of tweaking, you will be surprised to find out you haven’t even touched the VCF yet.. But it is there in the more EAST-coast style techniques the Implexus offers, including:
- Filter: Voltage controlled Lowpass / Hi-pass filter
- Basic VCO: Saw/Sine/Square voltage controlled oscillator
- Sub-Oscillator: Thick Square wave oscillator -1 octave
- ADSR Envelopes: Looping ADSR envelopes with velocity amount controls
- LFO’s: Clock synced / tap tempo LFO’s with multiple selectable waveforms
The Implexus also includes a tape-emulating style delay that can be clock synced and offers Tap Tempo!”
Pricing and Availability
Production of the Implexus is being funded via Kickstarter project, and the synth is available to project backers for €1,299. Because it is crowdfunded, there is risk involved to backers. See the project site to understand the details.