Genki Instruments has updated its Wavefront Eurorack MIDI module, so you can control your modular wirelessly with any Bluetooth MIDI device.
The update translates MIDI to CV to control parameters, giving you new ways to play your modular:
- Using a phone or tablet as an XY pad with TouchOSC layout
- Using Wave to trigger/gate modules
- Connecting standalone hardware to a modular synth without cables
- Using a computer to automate CV through Ableton Live
- Using a keyboard to interact with a modular setup
- Stepping away and playing a patch from a distance
Wavefront can operate as a Bluetooth LE host and connect to a variety of wireless MIDI devices, like keyboards and expressive controllers. Additionally, Wavefront can operate as a Bluetooth LE peripheral, controlling modular like any other MIDI device.
The update comes with a layout for TouchOSC, giving you touchscreen control of your modular patches.
Pricing and Availability:
Wavefront is available for $199.