Polyhedra has introduced FormKey, a new App that turns your iOS device into an isomorphic MIDI controller.
‘Isomorphic’ controllers are designed so that scales and chords use the same shapes in any key. So, instead of learning and practicing scales in twelve keys, with twelve different fingerings, you only have to learn one. Hexagonal isomorphic keyboards have been around for at least 100 years and are common on instruments like the concertina.
- This is the first controller to use the Form music language, new way to read, write, and compose music.
- Isomorphic keyboards allow you to learn and memorize note relationships and chords faster than a standard piano layout.
- MIDI Controller – ‘No fuss’ MIDI Setup
- Intuitive User Interface
- Large Key Area – FormKey’s main goal is to give you access to more notes than common music interfaces on the platform.
- Wireless Support – Connect to your favorite devices wirelessly using MIDI over bluetooth.
FormKey is built with the AudioKit v5 open source framework.
Pricing and Availability
FormKey is available now for $2.99 for iPad and $.99 for iPhone.