Ahead of the 2021 NAMM Show, IK Multimedia has announced the UNO Synth Pro and UNO Synth Pro Desktop.
The new synths, developed in collaboration with Italian boutique synth-maker Soundmachines, expand on their earlier UNO Synth design in many ways. They feature three wave-morphing synthesizers, dual filters with 24 modes, deep modulation options, 3 effects slots with 12 effects, a sequencer with automation of 80+ parameters and MIDI/CV/Gate connectivity.
Here’s what they have to say about it:
“UNO Synth Pro gives you the power to create nearly any analog synth sound you can imagine. With its unique dual-filter, 3-oscillator paraphonic design, 256 presets, 64-step sequencer, studio-grade effects, expanded connections and much more, UNO Synth Pro breaks new ground for music makers.
Available in two form factors to suit all players’ needs—stage-ready with metal housing and premium keybed; or ultra-portable, USB-powered with capacitive keyboard—UNO Synth Pro offers everyone the next generation of analog sound design in a smart format that fits any space or budget.”
- ‘First-class’ analog sound
- 3 discrete wave-morphing oscillators
- PWM, sync, FM and ring modulation
- Dual state variable filters with 24 modes
- Original UNO Synth OTA filter
- New SSI-based filter with self-oscillation
- 16-slot modulation matrix
- 256 user-editable presets
- 12 studio-quality FX in 3 slots
- Reverbs, Delays, Modulations
- 64-step sequencer with 84 parameters
- 10-mode onboard arpeggiator
- USB / MIDI / CV / Gate in/out
- Audio input to filters, FX or pass-through
The UNO Synth Pro is available in two form factors:
- UNO Synth Pro
- Compact, stage-ready 37-key keyboard
- Fatar synth-action keys with aftertouch
- UNO Synth Pro Desktop
- Ultra-portable 32 capacitive-key tabletop
- Powered by USB or powerbank
Here’s a behind-the-scenes look at the making of the UNO Synth Pro:
The UNO Synth Pro features two filters, one of which is based on a new chip from Sound Semiconductor, Inc. SSI was founded by Dave Rossum and Dan Parks, two members of the team that created the famous SSM integrated circuits back in the ‘70s and early-‘80.
In the following interview, IK’s Erik Norlander speaks with the two about their legacy and the new SSI chip that’s incorporated into the UNO Synth Pro:
Pricing and Availability
The UNO Synth Pro and UNO Synth Pro Desktop are available to pre-order now, priced at 649.99 USD/EUR and 399.99 USD/EUR.