Erica Synths & Sacrament Modular have introduced The Cursible – a 14HP wide, 6 channel, morphing effects-send matrix that they say offers “an incredible feature set and a vast amount of applications, from morphing / sequencing through and blending effects through to cadavre exquis style mixing of sound sources or controlled voltages.”
The Cursible features multiple modes of operation including:
- PIANO MODE: Send your signal through your effects chains manually via a momentary button push with user-defined fade times.
- CLOCK MODE: Sequence your signal through your effects chains via the clock input. Clock sub-modes include clockwise, counter-clockwise, pendulum and random sequencing options!
- CONTROL VOLTAGE MODE: Morph and switch your way through your effects via the control voltage input / attenuator using any CV source.
- MANUAL MODE: Select your routing using the central knob for a more hands-on approach.
- RANDOM MANUAL MODE: Randomly advance through your sequence with a turn of the central knob.
- CV + CLOCK MODE: Choose your routing destinations using a sample and hold style approach.
- FILL OPERATION: When sequencing through one effects chain at a time isn’t cutting it, use Fill to stack from 0 to all 6 sends and returns!
All modes feature user-defined “morph” timing to allow you to adjust from click-less switching to long attack and decay times and everything in between.
Pricing and Availability
The Cursible is being developed and manufactured by Erica Synths and with a successful crowdfunding campaign (150 pre-orders) will be available early May. The Cursible has been made available for preorder now through an in-house crowdfunding campaign, priced at 250€ MSRP (220€ for the campaign supporters).