To celebrate the tenth anniversary of the company’s popular Bob Moog Tribute Library for Omnisphere, Spectrasonics today released a major update with a second edition of the library.
The original tribute library debuted in 2011 to benefit The Bob Moog Foundation and the Foundation’s innovative projects like their “Dr. Bob’s SoundSchool” student outreach program, the ‘Moogseum’ in Asheville, NC, and their efforts to preserve and share Dr. Moog’s extensive and historic archives. .
In addition to all the original sounds in the original Moog Tribute Library, the 2.0 edition comes with over 500 brand new patches created by Spectrasonics’ founder Eric Persing and the company’s renowned Sound Development team, and features over 1300 stunning sounds for Omnisphere – created by more than 50 of the world’s top synth artists, remixers and sound designers, including:
- Hans Zimmer
- Vince Clarke (Erasure/Depeche Mode)
- Jean Michel Jarre
- The Crystal Method
- Jordan Rudess
- Money Mark (Beastie Boys/Beck)
- Bernie Worrell (P-Funk/Talking Heads)
- Larry Fast (Peter Gabriel/Synergy)
- Roger Joseph Manning Jr. (Air/Fiona Apple)
- Ryuichi Sakamoto (YMO)
- Morgan Page (Madonna/Katy Perry)
- Keith Shocklee (Bomb Squad/Public Enemy)
- Steve Porcaro (Toto)
- Fredwreck (Snoop Dogg/50 Cent)
- Jan Hammer (Jeff Beck/Mahavishnu Orchestra)
- Danny Elfman
- Michael Boddicker (Michael Jackson)
- Richard Devine (Schematic/Warp)
- Patrick Moraz (Yes/Moody Blues)
- Eddie Jobson (UK/Roxy Music)
- Diego Stocco
- The Moog Cookbook
…and many more!
Pricing and Availability. The 2.0 version of the Bob Moog Tribute Library is available now for Omnisphere users (v2.6 or higher), at the Spectrasonics webstore for $99. The update is free for all previous owners of the library.