Nord let us know that they’ve introduced the Piano 5, the latest edition of their Piano series, equipped with dual piano engines, dual sample synths and twice the memory of the previous generation.
The Nord Piano 5 ships with 9 Grands, 9 Uprights and 10 Electric Pianos, plus Clavinet, Digital Pianos and both a Marimba and a Vibraphone.
Two independent Pianos and Sample Synths
The Piano and Sample Synth sections of the Nord Piano 5 each contain two independent Layers. The two Pianos and two Sample Synths can be used simultaneously in a variety of split or Layer configurations.
Combined with the versatile effects routing, a wide range of combinations can be achieved – from classic ensemble settings to rich soundscapes.
- New 73-note Triple Sensor keybed with grand weighted action
- 88-note Triple Sensor keybed with grand weighted action
- Nord Virtual Hammer Action Technology
- Advanced Layering (2 Pianos + 2 Sample Synths) NEW
- Advanced KB Split with optional crossfades NEW
- Seamless Transitions
- OLED display for excellent overview
Piano Section Highlights
- 2 independent Piano Layers NEW
- 2x memory for Nord Piano Library NEW
- 120 Voice Polyphony
- Creative Piano Timbre options including Dyno filter
- 3 Dynamic Curves to suit any playing style
- Dynamic Pedal Noise with Nord Triple Pedal
- Advanced String Resonance
- Soft Release
- All sounds are replaceable
Two Independent Sample Synths
The Sample Synth Section contains a completely reworked selection of sounds from the Nord Sample Library, including exclusively licensed sounds from the Mellotron and Chamberlin as well as a selection of samples from the Symphobia and Swing! libraries by ProjectSAM
All sounds can be quickly replaced using the Nord Sound Manager .
The Sample Synth section provides two fully-featured and independent Layers and is equipped with controls for attack, decay/release and dynamic velocity response. You can also create your own sample instruments using the unique free Nord Sample Editor software for Mac and Windows.
Unison and Tru-Vibrato
The Sample Synth Section has a brand new Unison feature that creatively blends several sample voices for rich, ensemble-like sounds. It also features a “Tru-Vibrato” that accurately models the unique vibrato characteristics of a wide variety of wind, brass and string instruments.
Sample Section Highlights
- 2 independent Sample Synth Layers NEW
- 2x memory for Nord Sample Library NEW
- Soft and Bright filters NEW
- Tru-Vibrato NEW
- Unison mode for rich, ensemble sounds NEW
- Attack, Decay/Release and Dynamic co
The Effect section has a wide selection of tweakable stereo effects modeled after classic stomp boxes. An effect can be assigned freely to any layer in the Piano and Sample Synth section.
The Nord Piano 5 Effect section includes Tremolo, Phaser, Chorus, Pan, Wah, RM, Flanger, Vibe, EQ, Delay and Reverb. The Reverb effect has five different sizes (Booth, Room, Stage, Hall and Cathedral) for adding ambience to your sounds. The Bright and Dark modes allows for enhanced or reduced treble. The new Chorale option adds a lush modulation effect.
See the Nord site for details.