IK Multimedia has introduced SampleTron II, a new version of their virtual instrument that goes beyond emulating the Mellotron and other early sample-playback keyboards by letting you create ‘new vintage’ sounds, based on your own samples.
The core of SampleTron is based on deep sampling of vintage sample-based instruments, including the Mellotron, Chamberlin, Optigan and other keyboards. It goes beyond the original keyboards, though, by letting you combine sounds from different sources, tweak the sounds with synth functions, add a wide variety of effects and more.
You can also load a custom sample across the keyboard, or a folder of samples, and play back your sounds with SampleTron’s modeled Mellotron characteristics.
- 8GB virtual instrument collection of sought-after vintage and tape-based samplers
- Over 400 tracks sampled from vintage Mellotrons, Chamberlins, Optigans and other rare pieces
- Each preset can load three tracks to split, layer and solo from over 400 available
- Features a collection of modern non-Tron and vintage digital sample-based instruments
- Includes the full content of IK’s original SampleTron updated for legacy users
- Sample loading function creates user Tron sounds with IK’s tape modeling DSP
- Rack effects include Channel Strip, Tape Echo, Multimod and new Vintage Plate
- Standalone operation or SampleTron 2 can be played as a library inside SampleTank 4
Pricing and Availability
SampleTron II is available now with an intro price of $199. Existing customers should see the site for upgrade pricing.