SonicProjects has introduced Stringer 3.0, an update to their virtual string machine for Mac & Windows.
Stringer is based on samples from classic strings synths, including the Logan String Melody II, ARP Omni 2 & Welson Symphony. A new “pure” mode in version 3.0, combined with the ensemble and modulation effects, lets you design new string ensemble sounds from scratch.
In the demo video, embedded above, all sounds come directly from the stereo output of Stringer, with no external effects involved.
Here’s what’s new in version 3.0:
- 64bit and Mac compatibility (Mac: AU only)
- Built-in patch browser with proprietary patch-format
- Larger interface (about 40% larger)
- Built-in effects unit (Modulation and Reverb)
- A separate switchable ensemble effect (pre-effect)
- A new „pure” mode (generated saw) in all-buttons-off state
- 54 new presets (total 98) using the new features
Pricing and Availability
Stringer is available now with intro pricing of $55 (normally $65) USD.