Irish power solutions manufacturer myVolts has launched a Kickstarter project to fund production of ReVolt, an alternative to using expensive batteries to power your portable synths, effects pedals and other music gadgets.
In a nutshell, the ReVolt Bridge is an adapter that lets you add USB power to any of your portable battery-powered devices.
One end is battery-shaped and goes into the battery compartment of the device you want to power. The other end has a power connector. The two are connected by a thin ribbon cable that’s flat enough to allow you to close the door on your device’s battery compartment.
To use it, you just take out your device’s batteries (AAA, AA, C or D), insert the ReVolt bridge cable and then connect a USB power cable. The USB cable can be plugged into a wall plug, a USB port on your laptop, a USB powerbank or a USB solar cell.
- Use with AAA, AA, C or D battery-powered devices.
- Use with any USB port or USB power bank.
- ReVolt can be safely used anywhere in the world.
- Economical – eliminates the need to purchase batteries, and you can reuse it with multiple devices.
- Remove it at any time to use your device with standard batteries.
- Environmentally friendly
- Modular system let you power multiple devices from a single USB connection
- No worry of running out of batteries.
- Eliminates the possibility of battery leaks in your devices.
Pricing and Availability
Production of ReVolts is being funded via a Kickstarter and it is available to project backers starting at about $36.
Note: Crowdfunded projects can involve risk, so see details at the project site.