Nektar Technology shared this preview to their Impact GXP MIDI controller series, a new line of controllers with dynamic semi-weighted keyboards, performance features and Nektar DAW integration for 11 major DAWs.
Here’s what they have to say about them:
“At the core is a newly designed and carefully balanced velocity- and aftertouch-sensitive action with 49, 61 or 88 keys that captures all aspects of your playing. Performance features like the real-time note repeat engine, large pitch & mod wheels as well as great connectivity (MIDI Out, 3 pedal connections: 2x footswitch, 1 expression) ensure that keyboard players have all the right options needed for live and studio work.
Direct Access and DAW control: The stream-lined panel with LED buttons provides direct access to key functions, the real-time note repeat engine and DAW integration with extended transport control, project navigation and more. The 14 assignable buttons are automatically assigned when using Nektar DAW integration, but can also be user-configured for control of any MIDI-controllable software.
When used with the included Nektarine software, plugins and patches can be loaded directly from GXP, including the ability to create multipatches from up to 16 virtual instruments with virtual masterkeyboard features like layers and splits.”
- Impact GXP 49, 61 & 88
- 49, 61 or 88-note full-sized keybed with velocity and aftertouch
- 14 RGB LED buttons for MIDI, note repeat and Nektarine features
- Pitch Bend and Modulation Wheels
- 1 push encoder for note repeat tempo control and Nektarine features
- Octave up/down buttons with LED indicators
- Transpose up/down buttons with LED indicators. Assignable to other functions.
- Power on/off switch
- USB port and USB bus powered
- 7 transport buttons for DAW integration or MIDI assignable
- Shift button activates secondary level for a total of 14 accessible buttons
- 1 MIDI assignable potentiometer
- Note Repeat button with LED tempo indicator
- Note Repeat Function button
- 1/4“ TRS jack expression pedal socket (pedal not included)
- 1/4” TRS jack Foot Switch socket for connection of up to 2 standard foot switches (not included, dual mode requires optional Y-cable adapter)
- MIDI Output jack
- Nektar DAW integration support*
- Nektarine plugin control and patch librarian software support*
- *Nektar DAW Integration for Impact GXP88 currently supports: Bitwig, Cubase, Digital Performer, Garageband, Logic, Nuendo, Reaper, Reason, Sonar, Studio One
- Nektaring Software
- AAX, AU, VST or VST3 plugin version and stand-alone application for OSX & Windows
- Load any VST, VST3 and AU instrument plugins
- Up to 16 instrument slots
- Create layers, splits & zones with direct selection of 10 instrument slots from GXP
- Each instrument slot with volume, pan, mute/solo, FX sends 1-4 controls
- 4 effect insert plugin slots per instrument (AU / VST / VST3 FX)
- 4 send effect plugin slots (AU / VST / VST3 FX)
- Store instrument & FX plugin patches + Nektarine Multi-Patches
- Browser Settings are remembered per plugin slot
- Patch-management with control from GXP
- Full parameter feedback: button colours updated in real-time
- Multi-Patch with settings save as ‘Default’ load as default – all browser settings can be saved with tags for slots tags.
- Other software
- Impact GXP MIDI controllers come with a license for Steinberg’s Cubase LE DAW, featuring 5 GB of sounds & loops, Halion Sonic SE and Groove Agent SE virtual instruments and 23 audio VST FX processors.
- Also included is a full license for Steinberg’s Retrologue 2 virtual analog synthesizer for VST3, AU and AAX. This 3 oscillator synth brings back the sound of vintage classics with a modern twist and includes over 700 presets.
See the Nektar site for details.