At Superbooth 2021, Moon Modular is introducing several new MU format modules, including:
- The M 595 12 x12 Programmable Switch/Summer Matrix;
- The M 531 Voltage Controlled Analog Delay; and
- The M 502 S Simple Voltage Controlled Amplifier.
The M 595 12 x12 Programmable Switch/Summer Matrix, above, is a solution to manage the distribution and/or mixing of 12 by 12 DC-coupled and buffered inputs and outputs, fully analog with a high precision signal path.
It has 99 preset locations, so you can create sophisticated routing and mixing setups and then save and recall them as needed. For example:
- You could take a single input and route it to multiple destinations;
- You could take multiple signals and sum them; or
- You could link pairs of inputs and outputs for routing sequencer CV/Gate or stereo audio.
Details are available via the Moon site (pdf).
- A short one with 1024 stages;and
- Along one featuring 4096 stages.
Both delays work simultaneously and one can fade between them to create multi-tap delay effects.
BBD delays are analog delays that essentially sample the state of the signal, store it, pass it down a series of capacitors in a manner similar to the idea of a firefighting bucket brigade, and then output it at the end of the chain.
An advanced clock noise cancellation circuit reduces unwanted BBD noise, without filtering higher frequencies of the audio signal.
Most parameters can be voltage controlled, allowing integration in a complex modular setup.
Finally, Moon has introduced the M 502 S Simple Voltage Controlled Amplifier.
This is a dual VCA module, in a single panel width. It features two signal inputs and outputs each, two modulation inputs, continuous linear/exponential controller, plus switchable AC/DC mode.
It’s a variation on their existing M 502 D Dual Voltage Controlled Amplifier, which offers more extensive CV control, plus mix and ring mod outputs.
See the Moon site for details.