Scottish synth maker Instruo has introduced two new Eurorack modules: cruïnn and cnoc.
Here are the details:
The cruïnn is an analog stereo oscillator that uses through-zero phase modulation to create deep, animated textures.
On top of its single sawtooth oscillator core, cruïnn produces five additional parallel phase-displaced sawtooth variants – each controlled by their own discrete internal triangle waveform LFO. With both on-board and external control over the LFO rates and modulation depths, cruïnn creates ‘super-super-super-super-super saws’, lush pads, phasey basses, and chaotic effects.
With cruïnn’s included passive 4 HP Expander, access to all six waveforms are available. You can also individually displace the phase of each waveform via CV, so that cruïnn can create an amorphous swarm of harmonically rich sawtooths.
- Stereo and summed outputs
- Six phase-displaced sawtooth variants
- Five internal triangle waveform LFOs
- Global rate and depth modulation controls
- Built-in stereo VCA
- Linear and exponential frequency modulation
- LFO functionality
- Includes 4 HP passive waveform and CV expansion module
The cnoc is a fully analog voltage-controlled two stage function generator. This style of function generator was pioneered by the West-coast mindset of sound synthesis and goes far beyond the functionality of a traditional envelope generator.
It offers AR, ASR, and Looping modes, as well as its unipolar positive and bipolar outputs.
- AR, ASR, and Looping envelope modes
- External control over Attack and Release stages
- Unipolar positive and bipolar outputs
- Assignable gate output
- Manual trigger button
- Slew limiting functionality
- Two response curve settings
Pricing and Availability
The modules are available now, price at £399.00 for the cruïnn and £239.00 for the cnoc.