Zoom has introduced the R12 MultiTrak, an 8-channel portable studio recorder that lets you record and edit anywhere, since it can run on battery power.
It features a touch screen display for easy editing, 2 mic inputs with phantom power support, a two-channel compressor, built-in effects, a built-in synth and more. It offers an 8-voice polyphonic FM synthesizer, plus a PCM drum kit.
You can also use the R12 as a stereo audio interface with your favorite DAW or streaming platform, via USB-C, and use the R12 as a control surface for your DAW software.
- Multi-track digital recorder with up to 8 tracks of recording.
- 2.4” Full Color LCD touchscreen display with easy touch and swipe editing
- User friendly graphic interface with on-board editing capabilities
- Battery Powered up to 5 hours (4 AA’s)
- 2 XLR / TRS Combo inputs – with phantom power and HI-Z on input 1
- Send effects channel with 4 options: Reverb, Delay, Chorus, or Guitar Lab preset (choose up to 3 effects from our guitar effects collection including distortions,
- modulation effects, spacial effects, and much more)
- Built-in compressor for inputs 1 and 2
- Pan and 3-band EQ for each track
- Sequence play – for using backing tracks in a live setting
- Drum loops (150 preloaded)
- Records directly to SDXC cards
- Built-in USB-C audio interface (2-in / 2-out or 2-in/4out) with control surface function
Pricing and Availability
The Zoom R12 is available to pre-order now, with a street price of about $300 USD.