Akai Professional has released Force 3.2, a free update that adds a variety of features, including MPC instruments, Air Effects, probability and ratcheting, Ableton Link v3 and more.
MPC Plugin instruments/Effects – You can now purchase a range of new AIR instruments/Effects for FORCE. The new collection of plugins brings together the AIR team’s expertise in sampling, synthesis, and DSP. Each instrument comes in both Standalone and MPC Software desktop versions.
The instruments include:
Air Stage Piano EP
New Air Effects:
- AIR FLAVOR – Get that vinyl record feel from any sample or sound source using the new AIR Flavor insert effect. Select from over 30 different timbres including Radio Transistors, Tubes, Boom Boxes and Amplifiers to manipulate your source sound. You can then add and simulate analog record Distortion, Flutter, and Noise while also impacting the stereo field to create more mono sounding audio effects.
- AIR AMP SIM – FORCE 3.2 brings a new Amp and Cabinet Simulator to the FORCE platform for adding harmonic distortion to samples, vocals, drums, synths, bass, and guitars.
- AIR GRANULATOR – Granulator has also been updated making it easier to mangle your audio and create new timbres and tones using its granulation engine. The new update for FORCE 3.2 also gives users control over three new parameters: Reverse, Shape and Skew.
Probability and Ratcheting:
In FORCE 3.2 you can now add Ratchet effects to your MIDI and add groove to rhythmic elements or melodic lines. The Probability MIDI setting lets you choose the probability that a note from your MIDI track will play based on 0% to 100% probability.
In FORCE 3.2 you can now re-order your tracks by simply changing the tracks position directly from the Matrix, Mixer, or Arrange windows. New track position will take effect when you leave the editing popup.
In FORCE 3.2, you can now capture a snapshot of all of the automation parameters in your project within a launch row. Once a snapshot has been captured to a row, automation settings can be launched with event data on that row.
FORCE 3.2 adds an integrated high-fidelity instrument Tuner to its arsenal of tools. Now you can tune your external MIDI CV synth, guitar, bass or any other musical instrument using the FORCE Tuner completely standalone.
FORCE 3.2 also includes other enhancements, improvements, and new functionalities
- FORCE now contains support for Ableton Link v3
- DrumSynth Multi now has mute groups
- FX Racks now include racks that use the Flavor and Amp Sim effects
- References to Master have now been renamed ‘Global’ or ‘Main’
- The TUI Project popup gets an Audition F-key
- Arpeggiator settings are now saved and recalled with the FORCE project
- XYFX location is now saved and recalled with the FORCE project
See the Akai site to download.