Soundpaint today shared a sneak preview of Soundpaint 2.0, a major update that introduced a new technology, Hyper Acoustic Legato (HAL), a seamless polyphonic legato technology that lets you play an instrument both as a solo and/or ensemble at the same time.
It’s designed to address the limitations of traditional sampling technology, which tends to make wind and brass instruments sound super-cheesy. As the video demonstrates, Soundpaint 2.0’s new technology lets you play legato and sustained melodies from a keyboard and get surprisingly realistic acoustic instrument results.
Soundpaint 2.0 also includes:
- Updated USI (User Sample Import) Tool. Now supporting all bit and Khz rates.
- New Virtual Keyboard lets you see what notes you are playing.
- New Rack Legato Module (Controllers for our H.A.L engine)
- New Rack Story Module. Letting you put pictures and notes to your instruments.
- New Sound Modes. Including Legato and Dynamic Sustains. Dynamic Sustains use a new technology called Morph Shading, which renders 127 different sustains in real-time.
- Full Protools (AAX) Support
- Various bug fixes and optimizations.
Details on availability are to be announced.