Developer Christian Halten let us know that SampleRobot Pro, an application designed to automate and streamline the creation of sample-based instruments, has been updated to version 6.6.
The update adds sample export support for the Waldorf Quantum and Iridium synthesizers.
Here’s what they have to say about SampleRobot 6.6 Pro:
“Working with large sample libraries can be challenging, especially when mapping samples with multiple velocity layers manually.
Quantum and Iridium users can respire now. SampleRobot Pro can do all the work – automatically. From recording and loop creation to multi-layer mapping and export, all steps are controlled automatically in one application, with projects that even offer a down-sampling and channel-remapping option on export.
It is possible to record high-end quality and export at a lower resolution, if there is need for more sampling space on the Quantum or Iridium. The results of SampleRobot’s advanced loop searching algorithms are written to the map file as well.
Sustained samples with inaudible loops – no problem. It’s easy to create and export complex multisamples in one go. SampleRobot even writes the whole Quantum and Iridium file structure to a USB or SD storage medium. Just unmount, insert and import – that’s it, designed for the fun of making samples for these creative machines.”
SampleRobot Pro Features:
- Sampling of MIDI instruments completely automatically, incl. multi-velocity and advanced MIDI CC control.
- Sampling of acoustic instruments and sounds in semi-automatic mode with countdown and tuning oscillator.
- Sampling of VST2 instruments completely automatically with the included Instrument Host featuring offline bouncing.
- WaveRobot – Large graphical loop and markers editor with freely scalable waveform view, stereo and loop area overlay.
- Instrument Copier – Sampling of a whole MIDI sound bank in one go.
- Advanced automatic loop detection algorithm, multiple loop modes and crossfade types.
- Multisample exports in various software and hardware formats incl. up-/downsampling and channel re-mapping options, loop and crossfade rendering.
- Project Wizard and Preset Manager for easy setup of sampling projects.
- Estimate time (to record) and size (on the drive) feature for all projects in the list.
- Automatic sample import-mapping based on embedded root keys or names.
- Various export naming options with widely flexible wildcards.
- MIDI Monitor for analysis of signals.
MacOS 10.12 (Sierra) and higher, M1 compatible, Windows 11 / 10 / 8 / 7.
Pricing and Availability:
The update is free for current SampleRobot Pro 6 users. SampleRobot is available for 249 €.