Torso Electronics let us know that they’ve released an update for their T-1 Algorithmic Sequencer that they say is their ‘biggest update yet’.
The update adds new features, along with new ways of interacting with the sequencer’s algorithms, that were developed in collaboration with the Torso Electronics community, including parameter locks, FX tracks and more.
Here’s what’s new in T-1 firmware version 2.0:
- Per-Step Editing – It is now possible to edit all of the T-1’s algorithms and lock parameters into any step of a sequence – giving you a completely new level of control on top of the T-1’s generative approach. Everything from the voicing, random amount, pitch value, and note division can now be changed per step.
- FX Tracks – The T-1 is now a real-time MIDI FX processor that lets you apply all of the embedded algorithms to incoming MIDI notes. This allows for creating complex arpeggiators, evolving midi effects, and MIDI looping. These new possibilities provide an excellent basis for keyboard players who want to ornament their keyboard playing with the T-1’s algorithmic qualities.
Other new features in firmware 2.0
- Quick view when changing parameters (optional)
- Internal track routing (route one track to another)
- Brand-new and improved random modulation behaviors
- Stepped to slew possibilities on the random modulation
- Free division (non-quantized divisions per track)
- Cycle looping
- CC track updates (includes slew and step edit)
- Playable keyboard in the PITCH menu
- Multi-channel tracks
See the Torso Electronics site for details on the update.